BEGINNING OF THE FACTORY
According to historical documents, the factory, whose founder and first owner was Giorgio Benussi, started its production in 1925, though there are some suppositions that production preceded this documentation by many years.
GENERAL AGRICULTURAL COOPERATIVE
For a period after World War II, starting at 1948, the factory was nationalized and operated within the General Agricultural Cooperative. Afterwards, operations shifted to the region’s largest corporate entity Jadran-Turist.
In 1996, the factory was undertaken by new management and became Darna Ltd. In 1998, the partnership with Jadran-Turist ended and Darna Ltd. has continued under the independent operation of Katerina Latinović and her family.